Closed for the 2020 Season!!
We wanted to update everyone on procedures that will be put in place in order to make the Cranbrook Golf Club as safe as possible to patrons that want to spend their recreational time golfing. The health and safety of our members, guests, and employees are of the utmost importance so to make everyone involved as safe as possible we continue to monitor the recommendations made by the Provincial Health Officer and Federal authorities.
Cranbrook Golf Club – COVID-19 Best Practices/Precautionary Measures Policy
Across Canada extraordinary steps are being taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and make the workplace as safe and comfortable for all parties involved. In light of the ongoing developments in the spread of COVID-19, The Cranbrook Golf Club has put forth a policy in an effort to minimize the risks of COVID-19 transmission and illness. This policy is in place to maintain a safe and healthy workplace environment for our members, patrons and staff.
Many of these guidelines and best practices have been published by our local, provincial and federal authorities and encourage all parties involved to follow these guidelines (NO EXCEPTIONS)
The following policies and practices have been put in place and are customized to the Golf Industry specifically to the Cranbrook Golf Club:
Golf Shop Operations
- Beginning with opening day and until further notice, the golf course will be open to Members and the Public with the following booking procedures:
- Members can book ONE WEEK in advance
- Public can book 6 DAYS in advance
- The Golf Shop has increased sanitation practices for high touch areas:
- Golf Carts
- Entrances (door handles etc.)
- The Golf Shop is open for business.
- Business transactions are being limited to credit and debit cards (utilizing the tap feature), while making cash transactions as limited as possible.
- Create sanitization stations at the Golf Shop, Clubhouse washrooms and other entrances that include wipes and hand sanitizers.
- Bag storage WILL NOT be available for the season or until the Provincial Restrictions have been lifted.
- When possible, doors will be propped open to eliminate contact
- Rental clubs WILL NOT be available until Provincial heath restrictions have been lifted.
- Starting times will be every 10 mins creating more spacing between golfers and less golfers gathering before their start time.
- Golf Lessons will avoid person to person contact and ensure social distancing remains a priority.
One rider per cart unless one of the following conditions are met:
- Both parties live at the same address
- Both parties arrive to the golf course in the same vehicle
- Both parties are in each others social hub
- Most importantly both parties have to be comfortable with riding in the the same cart
- Under normal circumstances our power cart fleet is sufficient, our staff will do our best to accommodate all users but we know that unfortunately there may be times when a cart is requested but not available.
- When utilizing a power cart please take your trash home with you as garbage cans will be limited.
- Removing sand and seed bottles from the power carts
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces on golf carts (steering wheel, seats etc.) will be utilized.
Golf Course Operations
- Please do not touch or remove flagsticks from the hole
- Holes have been manipulated to make ball retrieval easy with very little contact
- Rakes have been removed from the bunkers so please smooth the sand with your feet to the best of your ability (Local Rule: You may foot rake the bunker and then lift, clean and place your ball)
- Ball washers have been removed
- Drinking fountains on course will be shut down.
- On course washrooms will be open and will be sanitized on a regular basis (multiple times a day)
- Access to clubhouse washrooms will be available and will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- In order to maintain social distancing, we request only ONE user of the bathroom at a time.
Driving Range Operations
- Range use will be available to members and non-members based on availability.
- A MAXIMUM of three tokens (large basket) will be given out per player per session until restrictions are lifted.
- Range tokens are sanitized each night after use
- Range balls are washed in a bleach solution each night
- Range Ball baskets are wiped down with disinfect wipes each night
- STAY AT HOME if you are sick or showing any symptoms of COVID-19
- STAY AT HOME is someone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19
- STAY AT HOME if you have traveled within the last 14 days (Government mandated)
- All customers and staff must maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from others (essentially one club length of free relief from all individuals) through out the entire property.
- Please touch as few surfaces as possible
- Cover coughs and sneezes in your elbow and wash or sanitize your hands frequently
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer or wipes to the golf course
- Please bring your own drinking water if you are using a refillable water bottle
- Walking is encouraged as carts will be limited
- Please post your scores from your home computer or mobile app if possible.
- Customers may not gather in the clubhouse, patio area or parking lot before or after their round.
- Please replace handshakes with other touch-less forms of greeting
- DO NOT arrive at the Golf Course more than 30 minutes prior to your start time to avoid congregating around the Clubhouse or Driving Range.
- If you are sick or showing any symptoms please stay home
- All staff must maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from others
- Cover coughs and sneezes, and wash or sanitize your hands frequently
- Increased communication and educating staff about the symptoms, risks and ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Educating the staff on the actions being taken by the employer to ensure their safety at work.
- Having staff wear protective gloves where and when it is applicable
- The restaurant is now open for the 2020 season.
- Encourage TAP transactions.
- If cash transactions are accepted ensure that all staff wear disposable gloves
- Sitting space will be available both inside and outside.
The Board of Directors and Staff at the Cranbrook Golf Club are taking this situation very seriously and with the correct procedures and policies in place we feel many people will be able to enjoy a very positive experience at our facility in light of the ongoing situation.
Individuals not following the above protocol will be asked to leave and unfortunately will be flagged and will not be able to book a starting time for a certain duration.
In order for all the above practices to be effective everyone will have to work together as a team. We at the Cranbrook Golf Club appreciate your cooperation and if you have any ideas or concerns about the safety of our operation and how it relates to any regulations please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Our team is prepared to do whatever it takes to offer you a healthy and safe environment in order to enjoy a stress-free day on the golf course.