Why Join a Golf Club
If you are in the habit of playing various golf courses, you may wonder why on earth anyone would want to join a golf club where you play the same course all the time. Here are some reasons why a Club membership is very popular.
- Memberships can allow you to play as often as you want for a fixed cost.
- If you want to improve your game, and you are willing to put in the effort, there are six basic steps to take in order to reach your goal:
- Play often enough, to maintain form you really need to play at least twice a week
- Play fun competitive golf
- Measure your performance; know definitively where your game actually stands.
- Identify your shortcomings
- Get quality instruction where needed and don’t be afraid to change
- A membership gives you access to a licensed handicap system that provides the means to establish an official handicap which allows you to participate in competitions, formal or friendly, at home or away, on a fair and equitable basis.
- A membership should be anything but boring. Playing in a group usually involves a monetary arrangement, and with everyone having a current handicap, you have a level playing field for competition. The competition then becomes the focus of attention and the occasion becomes a lot of fun.
- Clubs have member events that provide competition for players at all levels. They are fun, test your ability, offer prizes and lead you to make new acquaintances.
- A golf club is a means to meet other people. There are Club events, including events that cater to new members, and a Golf Shop that will help get you out golfing with others. A golf club is often the basis for new and enduring friendships.