2017 Membership Rates
The Board has set the membership rates for next year, with consideration to ensuring our rates are attractive to area golfers as well as trying to ensure the Club’s largest revenue stream is sufficient to support operations. As with the last two years we are using the non-early bird, cash or cheque rates from 2015 as our Base Rates with discounts applying to the membership portion only (not the water assessment or Golf Canada dues). Here is a summary of the 2017 rates and features:
- Golf Canada has raised their member dues marginally with adults going up 50¢ to $38 and juniors going up $1 to $33.
- Early Bird rates for 2017 will be a 20% discount from the Base Rates (last year was a 25% discount, 2015 was 10%). Thus the adult rate, with all fees and taxes included, will be $1,185.45 and seniors will be $1,071.00 all in. See Paul for all the member category rates.
- Cash cards in lieu of the early bird discount will again be available at $300 for adults and $275 for seniors, 24% and 25% off the base rates respectively. There is a change in 2017 however: these cannot be used for golf services (range passes, cart rental and storage, etc.), they can be used throughout the year for Pro Shop merchandise or upstairs in the restaurant.
- Early Bird renewals can be done at the Pro Shop until noon December 24, so don’t forget!
- When Paul opens the shop in January rates will be a 10% discount from the Base Rates (last year was 20%, 2015 was zero). So in the New Year all in rates will be $1,315.65 for adults and $1,188.60 for seniors. The cash card option is an early bird feature and is not available after December 24.
- For the third year in a row we are offering the 50% discount off Base Rates for new members (those not members in 2016). This is available anytime up to our pro-rated membership cut-off at the end of June.
- We are also working to establish an auto-debit system for membership renewals. Early discussions with our bank indicate that the process is more complicated than one would think. For instance we need to develop pre-authorized debit agreements that both parties must sign and there are a number of fees that apply. The additional workload for our staff and the bank charges will mean this option will have to include a financing charge similar to our pre-existing credit card or time payment options. If we can make this work we hope to have it in place by January.
If you need further details on any of these points, have any questions or want to purchase your 2017 renewal see Paul at the Pro Shop. Here are his hours for November and December:
Monday thru Friday 9am to 5pm
Tuesday thru Saturday 9am to 4pm right thru till December 24th
Closed the following Days
December 9th ( Friday )
December 10th (Saturday)
December 16th (Friday)
December 17th (Saturday)